Vaginoplasty is a procedure to repair the vagina. It treats a variety of medical issues, including vaginal enlargements from childbirth and complications of pelvic floor disease.
What is done during vaginoplasty?
The details of the procedure vary depending on your goals and medical needs. The vagina is reconstructed using various surgical techniques.
Who needs vaginoplasty?
- – Those seeking removal of postpartum enlargement or trauma damage to improve sexual function.
- – Women who need vaginal reconstruction after vaginal exposure to radiation or excision to treat cancer or other conditions.
- – Women who have congenital abnormalities (problems from birth) that affect the development of the vagina.
What is the difference between vaginoplasty and other vaginal operations?
Vaginoplasty is a surgical procedure to improve the appearance or function of the vagina.
Other vaginal procedures:
- – Labiaplasty operation that equalizes or shrinks the labia.
- – A vulvoplasty operation that reshapes the outer part of the vagina.
What is done before vaginoplasty?
Before the surgery decision, your doctor will perform your physical examination to evaluate your suitability for the operation. During this physical examination, you are expected to provide information about your medical history and general health status.
Your doctor will inform you about the risks, benefits and post-operative care requirements of the operation. Listening to your doctor’s suggestions and recommendations will reduce the risk of complications.
What is the content of the procedure in women with postpartum deformation?
In operations performed to correct deformations occurring during childbirth
- – Excess skin is removed,
- – Distorted anatomical lines are repaired,
- – It is ensured that the vaginal opening is reduced.
What is the content of vaginoplasty to repair congenital (birth) defects?
- – A functional vagina can be created.
- – Excess tissue or abnormal structures are removed.
- – The structures that cause blood to accumulate in the vagina during menstruation are repaired.
Risks / Benefits
Possible risks of vaginoplasty surgery:
- – Dyspareunia (painful intercourse).
- – It can be summarized as numbness or loss of sensation (usually temporary).
In contrast, the benefits after surgery are:
- – There will be increased sexual satisfaction and self-confidence.
What is the recovery process like after vaginoplasty?
Recovery can take from a few weeks to several months, depending on the extent of the surgery. Your doctor and team will provide you with all the necessary information about post-operative care after vaginoplasty.
How are the controls planned after vaginoplasty?
Keeping in touch with your doctor after the surgery and not interrupting your controls will speed up your recovery process and minimize the risk of complications.